"IT'S TEA TIME WITH CHERI', COME ON IN AND LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO MY FRIENDS..."

I have met so many wonderful friends through books. Some are fictional, and some are flesh and bone friends...but all have made a difference in my life in one way or another. We all impact each other's lives. Sometimes it is by something you say that makes me think, and other times it is by a gesture or kindness. And yet other times it may be something that dug deeper, hurt my feelings, or made me sad. Still you made a difference. Through this blog I would like to introduce you to some people who have blessed me with their writing...and I hope you will be blessed as well!

Coffee or Tea?

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments!

Thank you for your very helpful posts. I am feeling much better and am happily back to writing and getting those creative energies flowing. For any of you that might now know these wonderful friends, be sure and click on their links and read more great ideas and thoughts on their blogs!

If it is one thing I have learned it is that writers are quick to help one another, whether it be helping with needing research, a phrase we just can't get, or finding that "just right word" that is right beyond the reach of our finger tips...or helping restore balance to blockages! I have also seen them reach deep into their pockets for a sister in need, and help anyone who needs help if they can. Beyond their books they are real people with big hearts, and this is just a part of their ministry. When you buy their books you might be helping support the Wolf Sanctuary in Paradise, Pa. or giving to Wounded Warriors  (Loree Lough's favorite charities), or helping someone pay their back taxes as a group of writers did recently after hearing a sister was about to lose her home. You might be helping people rebuild in Joplin, Mo. or buying food and clothing for a family in the other storm ridden areas. They don't get paid a lot, but they are willing to share what they do have with others who need it more. Writers are an interesting breed of people.

In the coming weeks I hope to introduce you to some of these fine people and tell you more about the books they write. Tricia Goyer and Gina Holmes will be my featured author next week, but don't look for a favorite recipe from Gina...she says she cooks like she writes, "From the seat of her pants"! While her husband says she is a good cook, they both agree nothing turns out the same way twice, lol! Til then...keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment