"IT'S TEA TIME WITH CHERI', COME ON IN AND LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO MY FRIENDS..."

I have met so many wonderful friends through books. Some are fictional, and some are flesh and bone friends...but all have made a difference in my life in one way or another. We all impact each other's lives. Sometimes it is by something you say that makes me think, and other times it is by a gesture or kindness. And yet other times it may be something that dug deeper, hurt my feelings, or made me sad. Still you made a difference. Through this blog I would like to introduce you to some people who have blessed me with their writing...and I hope you will be blessed as well!

Coffee or Tea?

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

How many times have you heard that one so far this week? I can't even begin to count, but I do know that saying it will not make it happen...it takes lots of work and understanding.  I got behind on my reviews when I let my circumstances overwhelm me, and likewise we can get behind in life when we let the same thing happen there. I have to trust and believe that everything happens for a reason. There is a lesson to be learned, a detail to be attended to, a trait I need to focus on, or a bad habit that needs to be removed that tends to bring on these things. Someone said recently that we need to remove ourselves from that "give me/ help me" attitude and fight our way over to that place where we make ourselves content with what we have and can help others. There are always others so much worse off than we are...we should appreciate all we do have!

I have heard preachers that feel we were just being strengthened to face 2012, and that it may prove to be our worst year so far. Wow. Yeah, that gets me excited...NOT! But it wasn't said to excite us. It was said to remind us of all the "natural disasters" (fires, floods, tsunamis, earthquakes in places never before stricken, new diseases, volcanoes, you name it) are only the beginning of the last days. Some believe we, the true believers will be raptured up before the tribulation and others think it will be after the trials. In either case we have some getting ready to be done. The time is coming when we will look at electricity as a luxury, have to learn to sanitize our water, and how to dispose of our trash without others to do it for us. The days of fast foods, credit cards, stores stocked with everything you can imagine, transportation, and utilities will be a thing of the past. You will long for a copy of Mother Earth News to help you out and teach you how to get back to basics! The richest people wont be in the penthouses or live at Trump Towers...they will be the self sufficient farmer living with solar power and raising his own food that will be looked up to. (For a good series that follows this thought read Terri Blackstock's restoration series).

As for me, I am going to focus on learning to do with less this year, becoming more self sufficient, and appreciating what God has blessed me with. I want to rely on His Grace to give me the strength to endure His trials leading to my growth and perfection in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment